To report sexual harrassment, sexual assault, domestic and/or dating violence, or stalking that is in progress or threatened:
- If the conduct is occurring or imminent on GW’s Foggy Bottom or Mount Vernon campuses or on any GW-controlled property in the District of Columbia, call GWPD at 202-994-6111 or call the Metropolitan Police Department at 911.
- If the conduct is occurring or imminent on any GW campus or property in Virginia or Maryland, call 911 to reach the local law enforcement agency where the campus or property is located.
- If the conduct has ended or a threat is not imminent, call GWPD at 202-994-6110. In the District of Columbia, calls may also be made to the Metropolitan Police Department non-emergency line at 311.
Students may also call the DC Victim Hotline at 844-4HELPDC (844-443-5732) to speak with an advocate and obtain a free Uber ride to and from the Washington Hospital Center (WHC) emergency center for a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) forensic exam. These exams are NOT offered at GW Hospital.
Members of the university community may obtain information about resources relating to Sexual Harassment from:
- The university’s Title IX Coordinator, 202-994-7434, [email protected]
- Division for Student Affairs, Care Team, https://studentlife.gwu.edu/care-team
- Office of Advocacy and Support , 202-994-0443, [email protected]
- Faculty Recruitment and Personnel Relations, 202-994-6783, [email protected]
- University Human Resources, 202-994-8500
- GW’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office, 202-994-9656
- The university's Title IX website, titleix.gwu.edu, a centralized location for information and resources relating to sexual or gender-based harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate partner violence and stalking.
In addition, members of the university community may obtain information about resources relating to Sexual Harassment by contacting GW’s Sexual Assault Response Consultative (SARC) Team. SARC Team members are not professional counselors, but they can identify sources of medical, counseling and academic assistance and explain reporting options both internally, at the university, and externally with law enforcement or other agencies. SARC can be reached seven days a week, 24 hours a day, at 202-994-7222. However, SARC is not meant to be an emergency service. If someone feels they are in immediate danger, or need immediate medical attention, they should call 911 or another emergency crisis line. More information about the SARC Team is available at titleix.gwu.edu/sexual-assault-
Members of the university community may also obtain assistance and information from organizations not affiliated with the university. A list of community resources is available at the university's Title IX Office website, titleix.gwu.edu.
The DC Rape Crisis Center, 202-232-0789, hotline: 202-333-RAPE (District of Columbia)
Network for Victim Recovery of DC, 202-742-1727 (District of Columbia)
Alexandria Sexual Assault Center, hotline: 703-683-7273 (Alexandria, Va.)
Doorways for Women and Families, 703-237-0881 (Arlington, Va.)
Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter, 703-777-6552 (Loudoun County, Va.)
H.E.R. Shelter for Domestic Violence, hotline: 757-485-3384 (Portsmouth, Va.)
Victim Assistance and Sexual Assault Program, 240-777-1355, hotline: 240- 777-4357 (Montgomery County, Md.)
Ayuda (immigration assistance), 202-387-4848 (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia locations)